We are designing two sheets that are customer facing to be put into a kit that we send to customers when they move into a home. We have all the text ready to go. All we need is for the sheet to be laid out nicely, fonts to be chosen, and pictures to be placed.
The text of sheet 1 is the following:
How to Arm your Security System
1. Locate your security system. It should look similar to the security systems displayed on this sheet.
2. Check your panel’s display to see if there are any “faults” listed. The faults are listed at the very top of the screen. A red bar indicates faults, a green bar that says, “Ready to Arm” indicates that the panel can be armed. If the panel lists faults, make sure that all your doors and windows are closed.
3. Press the button labeled “Security.”
4. Press the button labeled “Arm Away” if you are leaving the location or “Arm Stay” if you want the system armed while you remain inside. Arm away activates the whole system. Arm Stay activates everything except for the motion detectors so that you can move around the home freely.
5. Enter your master code. This system’s master code is ___ ___ ___ ___.
How to Disarm your Security System
1. Press the button marked “Disarm” on the display. If the system was armed away, and you entered through a door, the system will be beeping. This beeping is a warning sign for any intruders. It indicates “this house is monitored. If the system is not disarmed, police will be dispatched.”
2. Enter the master code. (Which is listed above).
The text of sheet 2 is the following:
How to Make Sure Your System is Ready to Protect Your Home
1. Visit alarmgrid.com/monitoring and select the ____________ plan.
2. Complete the checkout. Once you have filled out your information, you will see a calendar. Pick a time to have your system enabled by one of our technicians. Below is information you will need during the checkout process.
Your “Panel Type” is ______________________
Your “MAC” address is _____________ (WIFI) / _____________ (CELL)
Your “CRC” code is _____________ (WIFI) / _____________ (CELL)
3. Use your activation to ask the technician any questions you have about operating your system.
We look forward to having you on board!